How does Acoustic Wave Therapy work?
AWT mechanically vibrates connective tissue in affected areas of the body, improving the skin's appearance by:
- causing the connective tissue to stretch, which increases its elasticity;
- producing localized edema that increases vascularization (the organic process whereby body tissue develops capillaries), ensuring better exchanges to the connective tissue;
- producing an inflammatory reaction that triggers the release of healing mediators, leading to a new, thickened band of collagen being deposited in the upper and mid portions of the skin.
How was Acoustic Wave Therapy developed?
Physicians have long used acoustic pulses to help patients ease the pain associated with poor circulation and stiff joints and tendons. Acoustic Wave Therapy™ (AWT™), has adapted this technology to improve the appearance of the skin.
What results are achieved with the Acoustic Wave Therapy program?
Visible firming and smoothing of the skin is evident in before-and-after photos. Initial clinical study results show that AWT™ patients typically experience:
- improvement in skin texture
- improvement in skin elasticity
- dermal firming
How many treatment do I need?
A total of only eight treatments are required, done twice weekly for 4 weeks. An initial improvement in the appearance of cellulite is seen at the end of the three weeks. The body is stimulated to produce collagen and this process is ongoing even after the treatments are finished. Patients will notice an even greater improvement in the appearance of cellulite 3 weeks after the last treatment. This is likely due to secondary effects of collagen reinforcing the dermis and preventing fat from protruding into the skin. The overall effect is a substantial improvement in cellulite. AWT packages come with a Physician guided diet and exercise program to help you lose fat and gain muscle mass.
What is all the excitement about?
DermaSmooth is proud to be among the first Medical Spas in the United States and the Lubbock area to include Acoustic Wave Therapy in our treatment options. We are very excited to be able to offer this new revolutionary way to treat cellulite.
What are the side effects?
Acoustic wave therapy is very safe and effective. The only known side effective of this therapy is transient bruising that occurs in less than 5% of patient treated.